Products and Services
Fresno Fire Department Credit Union offers several savings accounts to meet your needs. All accounts are insured for at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). To calculate your share insurance limits, please visit http://www.mycreditunion.gov/estimator/Pages/index.html.
Regular Share (Savings) Account
A primary share account with a minimum deposit of $25.00 is required to establish a credit union membership. Dividend rates are paid when the minimum deposit requirement is met. Deposits and withdrawals can be made at any time.
Kids-A-Riffic Share Accounts
For our youngest members ages 0 to 18, we offer a special savings account where the membership requirement is only $5.00. We do several contests throughout the year where our Kids-A-Riffic members can win fun prizes.
Special Savings Accounts
These special sub-savings accounts are a great way to save for a vacation, taxes, emergency fund, or anything else you can think of. The minimum deposit is only $1.00 and dividends are earned when there is at least $25.00 in the account.
The Christmas Club savings account is a great way to save all year long for your holiday spending. A minimum deposit of $5.00 is required to open the account and dividends are earned with a minimum deposit of $25.00.
Share Draft (Checking)
Our regular checking accounts have no monthly service fee, a low minimum deposit of $1.00, and free VISA debit cards, E-statements, Online Banking, and Mobile Banking. We also offer free overdraft protection from your other accounts at the credit union.
Station 60 Checking
For our members over 60 years of age, we offer a checking account that has all of the benefits of our regular checking plus free Cashier's Checks and two free boxes of checks per year.
Loans and VISA
The credit union offers great rates on new and used autos, boats, RVs, and motorcycles. We finance up to 100% of the value. We offer flexible payment plans; including payroll deduction, automatic deduction from your savings or checking account, and cash payments.
Unsecured Loans and Lines of Credit
We offer unsecured loans up to $15,000* that can be used for almost any purpose; including a vacation, pay your taxes, consolidate loans, etc. Our line of credit loan allows you to only borrow what you need and have immediate access to available funds without reapplying for a new loan each time.
Overdraft Protection Lines of Credit
Running short on cash? This line of credit loan will automatically transfer funds up to $1,000* to your checking account to cover your purchases if you do not have enough funds. You can either pay off the loan in full each month or pay it off in installments. A full application is not required for an Overdraft Line of Credit. Please contact the credit union for more information.
Share Secured Loans
A share secured loan with FFDCU allows you to borrow up to 100% of your available shares. This type of loan does not require an application or a credit report. A share secured loan is a great way to establish credit, loan money to a family member, or just borrow money from yourself. Contact the credit union directly to apply this loan.
VISA Credit Card
FFDCU offers some of the best rates around on our VISA credit cards. All newly issued credit cards come with an EMV chip. For more information on how the cards work, please visit https://www.visa.com/chip/personal/security/chip-technology/chip-cards/index.jsp.
We offer three types of cards to fit your needs:
- Platinum - For our members with top tiered credit, we offer the platinum card with limits from $5,000 to $15,000*. We offer balance transfer rates starting at 6.9%. The current rate is 8.99% on all other purchases and cash advances.
- Regular - Our regular VISA credit card offers great rates, starting at 10.5% for balance transfers and 12.50% for purchases and cash advances.
- Share Secured - A share secured card is a great alternative for those who need the convenience of a credit card, but may not have established credit or those who need to rebuild their credit. There is no application or credit report required for a share secured VISA. Please contact the credit union directly for more information.
Access the Credit Card Disclosure here.
Home Equity Lines of Credit
Our variable rate Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) product allows you the flexibility of using the equity in your home when and how you need it. You can access the available funds from the Line of Credit with a simple phone call to the office. FFDCU currently pays the fees associated with establishing a HELOC loan if the loan is not paid off or terminated within the first 36 months. Interest paid on a HELOC loan may be tax deductible**. Please contact the credit union for a HELOC application and disclosures.
*Based on FICO score and income
**Please consult a tax advisor
- Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction- Have your paycheck deposited directly into your account and begin using the funds immediately. For Fresno city employees and retirees, you also have the option of Payroll Deduction. With Payroll Deduction, you can have your funds deposited directly into any credit union loan, savings or checking account.
- Discounted Tickets and Coupons- We sell discounted movie tickets valid at Regal, United Artists, and Edwards Cinemas for $9.00 each. We also have a wide variety of discount coupons for many amusement parks and attractions in California. Please contact the credit union to see what discounts are currently available.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance- FFDCU will pay for the first $2,000 of AD&D insurance for all qualifying members who enroll at http://www.selman.cc/creditunion/index.cfm/ffdcu. Eligible members ages 18-74 qualify for this free coverage. Additional coverage up to $300,000 for you and your family is also available to purchase.
- Blue Book Values on vehicles
- Cashier's Checks*
- Notary Services*
- Online Banking and Bill Pay*
- Mobile Banking
- Electronic Receipts and Statements
- Domestic Wire Transfers*
- VISA Debit Cards
*Fee may apply